Tuesday 22 May 2018

Memories, Lord Listowel, Comic Con , An old tractor. Stack's Arcade and Rás Tailteann 2018

 Chris Grayson


<<<<<<<

Dan Shine of Listowel



I posted this photo of Dan with his daughter Laura's children and it brought back happy memories. His sister, Rose wrote;

"Hi Mary, how wonderful to see a photo of my brother Dan Shine, thank you for posting it. I have many memories of him getting his uniform ready for his FCA meeting every Monday Monday night, cleaning the brass buttons with Brasso until they were gleaming and polishing his black boots, you could almost see your face in them lol, happy happy days. Regards, Rose.


<<<<<<<


Zumba in The Square


At the recent History Festival there was a great variety of different activities going on.



Deadpool and the missus were taking a stroll on Church Street

<<<<<<<<

Lord Listowel


This is a photo of the third earl of Listowel. I found it online when I was researching for my walk around the Square and into Bridge Road on June 2nd. 2018 as part of the Listowel Writers' Week programme.

<<<<<<

Comics, Games and figurines at Comic Con

In comjunction with Listowel History Festival there was a Comic Con in The Listowel Arms. This was a first for me but it obviously has a huge following judging by the crowds in attendance.





<<<<<<

A Few More from The History Weekend




This tractor is over 100 years


It was brought to Listowel by the Donegan Family who run a garage in Milford, near Charleville in Co. Cork. They are passionate about restoring old tractors and proudly told me that there are only three of these tractors still around today and the Donegan family own all three.

I remember these tractors as the ones that pulled the thresher which was a feature of farm life in my young days.

<<<<<<

From the John Hannon Archive


An old photo of Stack's, The Arcade.

<<<<<<<

Listowel Welcomes Rás Tailteann 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment